Registration form for Selected ST Destinations
Smart Tourism Destinations:
Launching Meet Up in Brussels
19 – 20 September 2022
This launching event in Brussels will provide selected Smart Tourism Destinations and independent Experts the opportunity to meet in person and to do networking activities. The event will include presentations by EC representatives on various relevant related European initiatives. It marks the beginning of the selected ST destinations capacity building journey and the second day will be focused on working in groups.
The event serves the following main purposes:
- It will provide the opportunity for destinations, independent experts, EC representatives and Project team to meet, mingle and exchange knowledge and expertise.
- There will be a presentation of the study ‘Mastering data for tourism by EU destinations’ together with keynote presentations from the Commission in order to bring knowledge and know-how in the data tourism to the “wider community”.
- Networking activities will aim to initiate and promote collaboration within and beyond the project duration, encouraging to start building relationships between participating destinations. In this sense, the event will serve as a first step towards the creation of the Community of Practice of Smart Tourism.
- The selected ST destinations will get a more detailed presentation of the Capacity Building Journey and of the Community of Practice. Each destination will also get to meet the Expert who will accompany them on the Journey.
Day 1: Monday 19 September 2022
- Conference: 14:00 – 18:00, European Commission premises (TBD)
- Cocktail and networking dinner: 18:30 – 21:00, Hotel (TBD)
Day 2: Tuesday 20 September 2022
- Meetings/workshops: 09:00 – 13:00, European Commission premises (TBD)
- Light lunch: 13:00 – 14:00, European Commission premises (TBD)